Welcome to our Family Blog! This is a cozy little corner where you can keep up to date on all the adventures, milestones, happenings and fun that our dear Heavenly Father sends our family's way on Life's Journey! And our gradual journey toward a life of living off the land and self-sufficiency! So hop aboard and join us!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Two Year Old's Day




I thought it would be fun to share an example of a usual day for my little two year old...

She usually starts off the day completely full of beans...Miss Rose is very, very much a Morning Person!  In comparison, her little sister always needs just a little while to get fully awake! (As does Mama!  Though usually my Vitamin C drink really wakes me up and freshens me up like nothing else!)

I dont have an exact set time for getting her out of PJs and into day clothes b/c often little sister will still be sleeping when she first wakes, and any attempts to get her clothes out usually wakes up Vicki..

Anyways, then its Morning Prayers (Since she's only 2, its just 'Good Morning Jesus', in front of our little Sacred Heart shrine.), and then breakfast: She loooves Tomato Ketchup, so daddy and I will mix it in with her scrambled eggs and toast to make a yummy nutritious start to the day.

Then she will help me clear off the breakfast table and then start the Day's Activities. 

We go to her Learning Basket and she decides what she'd like to start with best:

- Her basket of plastic fruit to play Grocery Store or Cooking,
 
- Tea Set with dollies,
 
- Art activities with her art supplies,
 
- Her Wash-Off learning-to-write-letters book, 

- Coloring with either washable pens or crayons, 

- Toy Money,
 
- Painting,
 
- Her favourite pretend game of painting her nails with her colorful pens!,
 
- Playing with her toy jewelry, etc, etc..

Then she can be happily occupied with a selected activity while I'm getting little sister up and giving Vicki her usual breakfast of a mix of Kefir Milk and Baby Rice or eggs..yum yum says Vicki!

Then when Vicki is full of energy and ready for the day's fun, we'll put on their CD of lively Bible Songs, and then we all have fun for an hour or two dancing around the house and singing along!

Lunch is usually a little portion of whatever I've briefly whipped that morning, eg, salad sandwiches, soup, mac n' cheese, etc.

Then she really loves to help me out with the dishwasher, and then she'll 'wash' her plastic veggies up at the kitchen sink, and I pull her up a chair for her to splash around..

The late afternoon is always her nap time. She drinks her bottle of kefir milk, enjoying her Mickey Mouse programme or one of her other cartoons..and soon she's in dreamland..

For dinner, she'll have pizza with daddy, or whatever he's having, with Vicki always enjoying the fun of joining in!

Then she's off to her gramma and grandpa's house, or else we'll choose another activity out of her Learning Basket, or we'll have a lovely long Story Time Session...I looove these times together! 

All of these various activities keep little sister so entertained - she's already often at a loss of what to do when Rose isn't here!

And then last thing before bed, when Daddy comes in (always with great excitement!), he'll lie on the sofa or the floor and either play a family game of ball all together, or read the little girls a few stories, or best of all, tickling and rough-and-tumble games!

And then she's usually worn out enough to drop right off to sleep, to be ready for another Day of Fun


..Hope you Enjoyed!



My husband and I had a wonderful day out yesterday, while Gramma and Grandpa kindly watched Rose for us, so we just had Vicki with us, and I found a perfect sized Craft Apron for Rose, in the photo above, something I'd been looking out for, for a long time!  And I also found this gorgeous pair of Winter lace-up boots, from a lovely little shoe store that we popped into, which I was very badly in need of, for this up-coming Winter.  And I also got a couple of lovely decorative baskets to keep in the kitchen for wash-cloths, etc.  And when I spotted these adorable artificial potted Yellow Flowers, I was sooo excited to add them to my yellow kitchen!  Dont they look cute?! 

 


Lastly, here's my very first bottle of beautiful Natural Organic Shampoo!

Before I close, Thank-You Girls for all your lovely latest comments to my last posts!  Its such fun getting them!  Although I only have time to post intermitently on this blog, I'm so glad that you all still enjoy it so much!


Your Sister in Christ,
Mrs Allen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Claire! That was a lovely account of Rose's day! Sounds like she has loads of fun... Oh, I love your new lace up boots! Coincidently, I also got a new pair of boots, very similar to yours! You must tell me how the new shampoo works for you!

Our Family said...

Thanks so much Veronica! I'm so glad you had fun reading about her day! Hope you continue to enjoy the blog!

Adele said...

That was really great Claire to hear about Roses' day! She is such a blessed girl to have such a devoted mother like you! I like the photo of her little hand holding the money to show us all! :) She is such a darling! The shampoo sounds great! x