Welcome to our Family Blog! This is a cozy little corner where you can keep up to date on all the adventures, milestones, happenings and fun that our dear Heavenly Father sends our family's way on Life's Journey! And our gradual journey toward a life of living off the land and self-sufficiency! So hop aboard and join us!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Encouragement For Us Mothers!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Encouragement for us Mothers!



 Although I was planning on writing this post over the weekend, I received such a huge gift from my Heavenly Father this past week that I just couldn't wait any longer to share it with you ladies! I received a CD of three messages, recorded live, to a group of mothers - by a most vibrant and radically spiritual mother ever!  She lived in circumstances much harder than mine (living long distance from the rest of my family) and yet her enthusiasm was, unbelievably, quite literally, bouncing off the walls and she had all the women in the audience uplifted and laughing and thrilled to bits!!  And she even had some of her equally radically spiritual children (At least, in comparison to today's catholic children coming from sunday-catholic families) come to the platform to say a few words!  wow!  What a woman!!! She is so Alive, in every sense of the word!  I found myself laughing for pure joy, at listening to her!  I always love the rare opportunities I get, to find role models like this for my life!  And God obviously recognised the way she lives her entire family life from a purposefully joyful level, (and does it show!) (only through the Power of the Holy Spirit - this cannot, cannot be done on our own!) purposefully spiritual level, in the many miracles in her young family that she recounted with such humor.  And her children sounded sooo wonderful!!  


This experience had me excited all over again about the wonderful plans, hopes and dreams I have for my own little children, of them developing into outstanding young catholics! (though, of course, avoiding perfectionism like the plague - both my children and their parents will always have all kinds of tendencies toward particular weaknesses, just like the rest of humanity!  There's nothing more silly than seeing a catholic putting on a pretense of living a blameless life when everyone else around them can see clearly that their lives are just as full of human failures and faults as the rest of us!  I hope to never be accused of being a perfectionist!  Even my role models in life are always completely open and genuine about all the down times, faults and weaknesses in their lives - there's nothing wrong with maintaining a good reputation but as soon as it becomes unreal/above reality, it just becomes silly!  I used to sometimes try too hard to please other people for the wrong reasons, (being thought well of) only to discover that being boldly myself is far better - and people enjoy it sooo much more, (and if they dont, who cares?!! right?!) as this speaker says!!!  This was such a consolation to hear! (Even though I'd already made the resolve some time ago)  I love hearing her voice across the house from my cd player!)     And even though we are all very, very, imperfect, we can, through the power of God Himself - alone -  raise up incredible young men and women for God!   And HE takes all the credit!  And lets fill our homes with praise music of all sorts, to God!   

....Lets all continue in encouraging, encouraging, encouraging one another!  Just as St Paul urges!  We are all in need!  Get your daughters to sing around the house with you, as you all complete your daily chores together, thus infusing the day with joy!  (There are all kinds of joyful christian and catholic songs on cd out there) Even though my two girls are only tiny  - not even three yet - they already both have excitable joyful personalities! Despite toddler temper tantrums!   My littlest daughter, as soon as she hears her favourite songs of praise to God coming on, immediately claps her tiny hands and does her very own little dance!!!  Children are sooo quick to pick up on the atmosphere of your home, dear mothers!  And choose songs that even your littlest girls can pick up the words to!  And then, during quieter times, dont forget the Church's most treasured Music of all - Gregorian Chant!   


oh, and before I forget, thanks, sisters, for another crazy fun video chat and for making me laugh harder than I have in a really long time!  I cant wait till my girls are big enough in a few years to have a sister-friendship like this with them!!  As one of you mothers said exactly, my life will then be Paradise!  And if you dont have daughters - cherish your sisters!


Alrightie, take care ladies, and Be Encouraged!



Your Sister in Christ,
Mrs Allen

No comments: