Welcome to our Family Blog! This is a cozy little corner where you can keep up to date on all the adventures, milestones, happenings and fun that our dear Heavenly Father sends our family's way on Life's Journey! And our gradual journey toward a life of living off the land and self-sufficiency! So hop aboard and join us!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wrapping, Wrapping, Wrapping Christmas Presents!

 






Well its been a little while since I last posted - I've been 
feeling right on the brink of a really bad winter flu, and a horrible ear-ache the last couple of days, and so, even though we still managed a Christmas Shopping Trip together, I didnt manage to get photos for a christmas shopping post, and then since I've been feeling so sick, I didnt even feel up to doing all the christmas wrapping of all the gifts we'd got (which includes the tremendous challenge of figuring out a way to keep my two little ones distracted for a long enough period of time to even begin to get it somewhat accomplished!), so my husband very kindly wrapped nearly all of them for me, so that has been a huge relief!! - It was a LOT of wrapping!

Speaking of getting colds and flus and winter cold weather - Last week my husband successfully got a pipe built into the house, to fill the house with the heat (and WINTER SMELL!!!) of Wood Stove Heat

And when it's working at it's peak - which is very tricky, because we're discovering that different types of wood have very different strengths - its toasty-cozy in here!  I love watching my husband trudging in with his arms full of neatly chopped little logs of wood!  I dont know why, I just think hand-cut little logs of wood look sooo cute and quaint!!!  And so Back-To-The-Land-ish!! *chuckle*

And because seeing that, is such a picture of the Farmer he's going to be in a few years, once we add egg chickens and meat chickens and ducks (and, yes, a Shetland Pony!!) to our vegetable garden!!  I'm sooo looking forward to that!
(Only when Rose is big enough to help - in two or three years - because we learnt our lesson last time, about trying to raise farm animals with no children old enough to help! - It was not a success!)

I've included some photos with this post, of the absolutely wonderful day we just had at the childrens' grandparents house.  We had a fabulous time helping to decorate the Christmas Tree and singing Bible Songs from our Wee Sings Bible Songs Book!

Alrightie, I'll wrap up here folks,

Keep WARM!

Your Sister in Christ,
Mrs Allen

No comments: